It is probably accurate to state that today even the smallest business requires a computer, and the knowledge how to use it. Computers used to be relatively expensive, but this is no longer true. Key business tasks for the computer include:
- Correspondence, using word processing
- Financial record keeping, payroll and check writing
- Business planning and scheduling
- Promotion, using desktop publishing and graphics programs
- Communications, using the Internet
If you are not computer literate, starting a business is the time to pick up the necessary skills. The software available today is highly user friendly and intuitive. Keep in mind that computers do not only support business, they become business. A good knowledge of microcomputers can open the way to dozens of flexible income opportunities.
Next Section:Immigration and Citizenship
Doing Business: Chapter Home
Life in the USA Home Page.